OMS has may years of experience dealing with systems integration. The key component to any successful integration project is a clear understanding of the business objectives we’re attempting to achieve. Business objectives, not technical objectives. Far too often integration projects become slave to change orders simply for the sake of change or existing technical debt.
So, OMS manages integration this way;
- Cleary understand the business objective.
- Pass the minimum amount of data needed to achieve the objective.
- Data should flow in one direction.
- Our customer should always be the Prime source for data.
- Right-time is more important than real-time.
- OMS has existing RESTful web services for orders, entitlements, uploads, downloads, new product introductions (NPI), and user authentication. Let’s use those, and we’ll even write your side of service at no charge.
OMS has completed integration with all the biggest ERP systems; Oracle, SAP, Siebel, and smaller “custom” implementations of order management systems and access control tools.